Barnsley Council are seeking an experienced Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager to join the team based in Barnsley. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis (37 hours per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,371 - £39,571 per annum.
As we make big changes and improvements, our commitment to the health and wellbeing of everyone who works here will remain constant. You’ll make sure of it. What’s more, you’ll see to it that we are always considering health and wellbeing, so we can keep on doing the right thing for our employees.
Creativity, ambition and a focus on people. That’s what matters at Barnsley Council. Our award-winning council is on an exciting journey of change. It’s all about putting local people at the heart of everything, listening to and doing good for our communities.
The Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager role:
As Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager you’ll provide specialist support to a wide range of council services. Put simply, you’ll make sure we comply with all statutory health surveillance requirements and provide an occupational health and wellbeing service that looks to best practice in our strive to maintain a healthy workforce. A range of people will look to you for advice and guidance, and you’ll assess and develop our plans, policies, procedures and training.
Responsibilities as our Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager will involve:
- Acting as a day-to-day client manager for externally commissioned occupational health and wellbeing services
- Supporting the formulation, implementation and maintenance of standards for statutory health surveillance Advising on occupational health/medical records management and ensuring confidentiality and compliance with the relevant legislation and records
- Supporting and coaching managers constructively in areas where sickness absence levels are high or of concern
- Developing occupational health and wellbeing initiatives including proactive occupational ill health initiatives and health and wellbeing promotional activities
- Working with managers in a constructive way in areas where there are occupational health concerns
- Developing, consulting, reviewing and implementing policies through researching the current and new legislative requirements and best practice guidance, taking account of corporate objectives and customer requirements
- Contributing to the development and implementation of health and wellbeing related strategies
Skills and experience we’re looking for in our Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager:
- Relevant level 6 qualification in either occupational health, health and safety or human resources
- Chartered member of an appropriate professional body such as the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health or the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or RGN specialist occupational health nurse
- Significant experience in managing occupational health and wellbeing services and initiatives
- Experience in providing professional advice and guidance to managers at all levels of seniority
- A strong track record of achievement including: providing advice and guidance to managers; developing and implementing policies, procedures and plans
- Up to date knowledge of employment and health and safety law as it applies to occupational health and wellbeing
- Knowledge of occupational health and wellbeing strategies and interventions
Closing date: Friday 9th September 2022
A lot to look forward to:
Here at Barnsley, we live and work by four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service, and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team, you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. We prioritise learning and enabling you to achieve your potential.
If you think this role is for you then we would very much welcome your application, apply now to become our Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager.