Interim Health and Safety Manager| Bury St Edmunds | up to £400 Per Day | Outside IR35
We've been engaged by a well-established chemical manufacturing company to secure a Health and Safety Manager to oversee, maintain and develop current procedures. The role will report to the Operations Director and will lead on health and safety for business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to health and safety and reassure key stakeholders that HSE standards are being met.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health, safety and environment policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the key Health, Safety and Environment point of contact for a range of stakeholders including external regulators and customers
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with ideally COMAH or high hazardous industry experience
- Experience within manufacturing, chemicals/pharma or other related industry
- A proactive and self-motivated approach
- Ideally a NEBOSH, NVQ 5, or NCRQ diploma (or equivalent)
- Membership of IOSH (Grad or Chartered)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate from the boardroom to the shop floor
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to join a well-established leader in their field. For further details and to apply please contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.