Group Health and Safety Manager
Location: Irlam, Greater Manchester
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + Bonus and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a global chemical manufacturer, to recruit a Group Health and Safety Manager. The role will lead on the health and safety programme across two manufacturing sites. The company are leaders in their field and health and safety is a top priority for the business, this role will manage a small team, to continue to drive good performance across the function.
Responsibilities of the Group Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Provide health and safety expertise across the business, ensuring that operational activities comply with the latest health, safety and environment legislation
- Ensure all health, safety and environment policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and updated
- To be an ambassador and champion, playing a lead role in developing, influencing and promoting a positive health and safety culture throughout the business
- Drive forward both corporate and local safety standards and implement best practice methods, develop and deliver training packages where necessary
The successful Group Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within manufacturing, engineering, distribution or chemicals/pharmaceutical environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ certificate as minimum, ideally Diploma or working towards
- Knowledge and experience regarding handling of chemicals or solvents, previous COMAH experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging at all levels
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.