A large NHS Trust based in Bournemouth, who are looking for an experienced H&S Advisor on a 3 month + contract
I I am currently working with a large NHS Trust based in Bournemouth, who are looking for an experienced H&S Advisor on a 3 month + contract. The contract is inside scope of IR35, with a premium umbrella rate £230.
The role responsibilities are as followed:
- Provide expert advice and guidance to all staff and support key trust committees and groups including the Board of Directors in relation to health & safety for staff, patients and visitors across the Trust
- To act as the Trust's 'Competent Person' for health and safety, liaising with the enforcement authority for health and safety- the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Executive Directors and Directors to ensure the Trust remains compliant with health and safety legislation.
- Be responsible for all matters regarding essential core skills health and safety training, for personnel throughout the Trust. Promote a learning culture within the Trust.
- Work with staff to maintain a culture where staff are encouraged to report health & safety incidents to ensure continuous improvement.
- To act as a resource of evidence based knowledge to enable appropriate and timely incident investigation (all levels), identification, assessment, treatment and management for health and safety.
- Manage non clinical incident reporting on Datix, including the follow up and reporting of significant actions and ensuring that staff involved in incidents are appropriately supported Support the review, follow up and management of staff incidents.
- Advise managers on potential risk controls to take and advise on risk assessment and risk management processes in accordance with Trust policies, procedures and toolkits.
- Support the role of the Trust Medical Devices Safety Officer (MDSO