Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor
Wellingborough with travel around East Anglia | £40,000 + Car Allowance
We are pleased to be working with a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor. The organisation is going from strength to strength, winning new work as well as successfully delivering on long term projects, and currently turnover in excess of £300m. This is a permanent position which will be largely focused on one of the company's high profile long-term contracts, working closely with the client to ensure environmental needs are met, on a number of sites across East Anglia.
Responsibilities for the Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery and development of the sustainability policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a range of projects
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Monthly performance reports, analysing trends, opportunities, and risks
- Constantly scanning for key environmental risks, such as carbon impact, waste and impact to local government
The successful Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within utilities, civil engineering or a related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, ideally a degree in Environment, Sustainability or related subject and ideally membership of IEMA
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental and sustainability legislation, with experience across carbon management
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Environment and Sustainability team and further develop your career. A UK driver's licence is essential. Contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.