Safety, Health & Environmental Sustainability Coach
Business Area: Nestlé Purina
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
Competitive salary, bonus scheme + excellent benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity at the Nestlé Purina Sudbury site in
This role will have shared responsibility for Safety Health and Environmental Sustainability at our Nestle Purina Factory in Sudbury. The role will look to support the safe and sustainable manufacturing of pet foods, ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time. This role will be key in supporting the SHE Manager to deliver excellence in Safety, Health & Environmental Sustainability Management.
At Nestlé PURINA Pet Care, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier, and longer lives because we're pet owners too. As a world leading company in pet care and nutrition, Nestlé PURINA has been helping pet’s live healthy, happy lives for over 85 years. We are proud to produce some of the UK’s best loved brands including BAKERS®, GO-CAT®, WINALOT®, FELIX®, and BONIO, trusted and bought by millions of pet owners.
A day in the life of a SHE Coach
The main purpose of the SHE Coach is to support the SHE Manager in the provision of specialist advice to line managers regarding the management of Health and Safety in the Sudbury Factory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create a compelling understanding of the Nestlé SH&E values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance & continuously improve
- Ensure manufacturing sites are certified to ISO 14001, ISO50001 and all employees are covered under ISO 45001 .
- Support in delivering the implementation and communication of the SHE strategy across site by way of identifying SHE losses.
- Through TPM SHE pillar, provide support in training and coaching to managers, team leaders , and operators to support them in delivering personal ownership and become autonomous in SHE within their area of responsibility
- Ensure managers receive trusted guidance & support on relevant SH&E matters
- Identify expertise and good practices from inside and outside Nestlé and communicate them internally. Including emergency preparedness
- Identifying energy and environmental efficiencies in the factory and opportunities
- Support activities for machine safety
- Support the SHE Manager with external regulatory bodies and internal stakeholders
- Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement.
What will make you successful
You will be a team player with a real passion for safety and continuous improvement, strong communication skills in both spoken and written, being able to adapt to your audience to present information or training in an assertive, engaging, and energetic way.
Been able to work with others (colleagues, suppliers, clients, and the public) and lead by example in a collaborative and non- confrontational way.
Be flexible in adjusting to change in relation to the requirements of the organisation. Drive a positive SHE culture by way of challenging behaviour that is inconsistent with the SHE culture, respect the culture and values of others in contributing a positive SHE influences behaviour in others to achieve desired outcomes and resolve conflicts. Drive Innovation by identify areas for improvement and suggest sustainable innovative solutions.
Use Professional Judgement to work within own level of competence, know when to seek advice from others.
Apply the code of ethics, work within rules and regulations of professional competence and code of conduct as defined by a Nestle. Be able to resist pressures to allow others to utilise unsafe working practices. Apply attributes of equality and diversity to meet the requirements of fairness at work. You will want to continue professional development: Identify own development needs and take action to meet those needs. Use own knowledge and expertise to help others when requested.
We are looking for someone that truly enjoys coaching and developing others to support health, safety, environmental & energy improvements throughout the factory .
The successful applicant will also have:
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent required
- IEMA foundation certificate
- Proven experience in a SHE role in a manufacturing environment, ideally FMCG and Food.
- Microsoft and Experience with Power Apps would be beneficial
- Able to show excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, and a proactive approach
We will offer you the opportunity to work towards the NEBOSH Diploma
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
This role may involve infrequent UK and International travel.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.