★ HornerSalus Ltd has a new position available for an Event Safety Support / Advisor role to join our leading event and fire safety organisation in Central London.
The role requires an individual with a varied event experience, a proactive approach who can assist our team and our clients with events and a great team work ethic.
HornerSalus is a specialist event safety consultancy who provide advice and services to the event / design / fashion / hospitality / film & creative industries.
Based in Finsbury Circus you can expect a friendly bunch of people with a wide variety of exciting projects and fantastic clients whom we help navigate complex safety considerations and deliver brave creative concepts.
You will carry out event safety support duties such as:
- Assisting in implementing solutions to H&S challenges for proposed events and in the workplace
- Assisting our consultants and advisors with feasibility reports, capacity studies, H&S audits, on-site inspections and general reporting
- Liaison with contractors, suppliers and venues to ensure management and implementation of safety procedures
- Assisting in the production of event safety plans, risk assessments, emergency planning and fire risk assessments
- Working at live events as an advisor / Covid coordinator
What we offer:
A supportive organisation with learning and development opportunities, a fantastic company culture with a team of supportive and collaborative colleagues, 22 days annual leave + bank holidays, company pension and more.
- Initial 3 month probation period leading to a full time permanent position
- A competitive salary for the right candidate; £22-£30k dependant on experience, + with OTE available
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities for career advancement and further training
- Pension plan
This role requires:
- An excellent head for organisation and problem solving
- Very good written and spoken English language
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Mac computer and software knowledge
- Nebosh General Certificate L3 (or equivalent) (E.g. NCRQ)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively
Desired skills & experience:
- 1+ years work experience in the events industry
- General knowledge of live events, venues and contractors
- A good understanding of risk assessments, event safety plans, fire safety and method statements
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- IT literacy and ability to present clearly and confidently
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- Ability to treat high level information with the strictest of confidence at all times
Innovative - striving to improve, thinking creatively and embracing change
Pragmatic - dealing with problems sensibly and realistically based on practical considerations
Jargon busting - making fire safety and its application accessible to all
Adding value - quality of services to always be in mind and checked
Effective - delivering services ahead of time
Candidates invited to interview can expect to answer competency, technical and scenario based questions to demonstrate ability, likability, and drive.
Please register your interest by submitting your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for this role.
UK based candidates only need apply.