Group Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environmental Manager
Warrington, Greater Manchester | £40,000 to £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a global fuel and lubricants additives manufacturer and distributor, to recruit a Group Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environmental Manager. The organisation has a global network and this role will be specifically responsible for leading the group Health and Safety programme. The company are leaders in their field and health and safety is a top priority for the business, this role will lead the existing health and safety team and will play a key part in the continuing success.
Responsibilities of the Group Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environmental Manager will include:
- Provide health and safety expertise to all areas, ensuring that all operational activities comply with current health, safety and environment legislation, ensuring all HSSE policies and procedures are followed and regularly reviewed
- To lead discussions with the competent authorities regarding the lower tier COMAH status and ensure compliance with all required standards
- To be an ambassador and champion, playing a lead role in developing, influencing and promoting a positive HSSE culture throughout the business
- To drive forward both corporate and local safety standards and implement best practice methods, develop and deliver training packages where necessary
The successful Group Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environmental Manager will have:
- Proven experience creating and implementing HSSE policies in a similar role ideally within the manufacturing, engineering, distribution or chemicals/pharmaceutical environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ certificate as minimum, ideally Diploma or working towards
- Knowledge and experience regarding handling solvents and related requirements around DSEAR and ATEX. Working in a COMAH environment advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of REACH as well as other focus topics such as AIPSM and functional safety
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.