Glendinning’s is a major independently owned company looking to appoint a Safety, Health and Environmental Manager who is seeking a challenging, multi- disciplinary role, within a leading family run business. The company operates a limestone and gritstone quarry, a large transport and maintenance department, RMC and pre-cast concrete products together with a road surfacing/contracting division.
- To provide a lead on the development and implementation of SHE policies, strategy, practices and performance standards for complex risks and providing high quality information and professional advice.
- To maintain and upkeep the accredited management systems ISO 14001 & 45001.
- Influence organisational behavior and culture at all levels.
- With a hands on approach to all H & S Matters, dealing directly with managers on a day to day basis.
- Maintaining records and providing effective reports to the board and making appropriate recommendations.
- Co-ordinating safety committees and liaising with safety representatives.
The ideal candidate will need:
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent qualification
- Qualification in Environmental Management
- Chartered status Preferable, although graduate status will be considered.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years in a similar role/Industry
As an equal opportunities employer, we will in return offer a package that includes a competitive salary, company car, company pension, 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays, private medical insurance and other life assurance benefits.
If you have any questions please call us on 01364 652601.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 29th August 2014.