Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Birmingham, London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Bristol
Home-based | £50,000 to £60,000 plus Excellent Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to work with a leading hi-tech, global online retailer with a major automated logistics and distribution network. The company is a household name and has distribution centres around the world.
This role will be home based with some travel across the UK, to manage the Health, Safety and Environmental compliance, permitting, audits and inspections.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager include:
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across all warehouse and distribution sites, ensuring full regulatory compliance
- Ensure activities across the network are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Oversee the development and continuous improvement of the management systems, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy and performance
- Maintaining policies and procedures and ensuring sites are compliant
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within transport, logistics, manufacturing, retail or related industry
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent)
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards)
- Experience with Permitting and ISO management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all business levels, specifically in presenting
Experience with automation and robotics would be very beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. The role includes travel, so a valid UK driving license is required. If the role is of interest, please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.