Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton are pleased to be partnering with a leading University to find a new Health and Safety Manager. This well-recognised and highly regarded University has multiple sites across the city and a varied estate. The position will help to lead on Health and Safety for one of the major colleges within the University and will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety.
Health and Safety is a top priority for the University and this role is focused on both consolidating the excellent work to date and helping to drive and develop the function further.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Leading on the development and delivery of health and safety across the faculty, ensuring this is fit for purpose and striving for best practice.
- Assessing and delivering on opportunities to drive efficiency and modernise the health and safety function, including management systems.
- Driving a regular program of audit and inspection, investigate any accidents as required, delivering robust reporting to senior management.
- Lead on training within the function, identifying needs and developing and delivering health and safety training, liaising with external training contractors, as required.
- Providing expert health and safety advice and knowledge to a range of senior stakeholders across the University.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Chartered Member status of IOSH or equivalent (essential)
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, from similar sectors like public sector, higher education, local government, facilities or university or similar
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership position is a well regarded academic institution. For further information and to apply please contact Pierre Hockey on or 01923 432 693
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.