Post: Health & Safety Manager
Depot / Department: NORMANTON DEPOT
Salary: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE/COMPETITIVE
2. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES/POSITION IN STRUCTURE
Responsible to: Commercial Director
Liaising With: Group HR Manager, Service Managers, Customers, Head Office staff and Management Team.
3. MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB (Note: in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
• To lead, develop and maintain company SHEQ management programmes and systems.
4. MAIN DUTIES (brief description)
• Manage, maintain and improve the Company integrated Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Management System to ISO9001, 14001, 45001 & OHSAS18001 externally audited standards. Facilitate assessments from the certification body, customers and other interested parties as they develop and change over time.
• Provide a professional service to all Management to promote and maintain the SHEQ culture. Implementation of new or existing SHEQ related legislation and identify any training requirements.
• Facilitate the transition of the SHEQ Management system to the new BS OHSAS18001 (ISO45001) standards releases.
• To investigate accidents/incidents, liaise with interested parties, ensure all documentation is completed and facilitate corrective actions where necessary.
• Keep abreast of applicable SHEQ legislative changes and other interested parties related requirements. Lead operational reviews and change requirements to maintain compliance.
• Conduct SHEQ internal surveys, investigation and audits, overseeing the delivery of corrective action outcomes and effective records.
• Assist when required with the completion of site-specific RAMS in conjunction with Sales Engineers and Service Managers.
• Management of Tool Box talks in conjunction with Service Managers.
• Assist with PQQ and tender/submission documents.
• Travel to other depots throughout the UK for audits.
• Produce SHEQ related management report and present at the MTM as and when required.
• Control and issue, SHE Folders to new staff
• Promote teamwork and co-operation within the depot and across the business.
• Ensure company vehicle, is kept clean and tidy at all times, serviced within manufacturer’s guideline, and ensure any defects are notified to correct parties and rectified in a timely manner.
• Promote teamwork and co-operation at all times, both within individual depots and right across the entire Generator Power Group of Companies.
• Be responsible for the control and reporting of all spills to the MD in the first instance and ensure they are effective steps are taken to clean up cost effectively
• Proactively contribute to the company’s policy of continuous improvement.
• Carry out any reasonable ad-hoc duties requested by your direct Line Manager or the Management Team.
• NEBOSH / IOSH Managing safely certificate
• Environmental certification
• Can conduct SHEQ internal surveys, investigation and audits • Fire Assessments
• Produce SHEQ related management reports.
• Management of Tool Box talks
• It would be beneficial to have ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001 Standards internal audit qualifications (e.g., certificates from courses run by Accreditation Organisation such as the BSI).
• Experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certificated SHEQ management systems without the need for external ISO Advisor resource support.