The Royal College of Music (RCM) is one of the world's greatest conservatoires. Our excellence was recognised by the 2021 QS World University Rankings, in which we ranked as the top institution for performing arts in the UK for the sixth consecutive year, and top in Europe for the second year running.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Manager, to provide full H&S functions across the RCM estate. The RCM embraces health and safety as one mechanism to help us achieve our strategic objectives and to enhance the experience of RCM staff, students and visitors. The RCM recently underwent a large transformation with the construction of two new performance spaces, a new museum and public atrium in our east courtyard space. It is RCM policy to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment, safe equipment and safe work systems for all our staff, students and visitors, and to provide such information, training and supervision as is required to attain this objective.You will promote a positive H&S culture within the RCM and be an advocate of best practice in relation to operations and projects, regularly liaising with staff, students and contractors.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
1. You will be NEBOSH qualified and have relevant experience advising H&S best practice in a complex environment.
2. You will be an excellent communicator and a strong advocate of H&S best practice, raising awareness and championing H&S with all those working, studying and visiting the RCM.
3. You will possess a collaborative approach and be flexible, working to find solutions often in challenging situations.
4. You will be well organised, highly motivated and proactive.
5. You will lead on a number of key initiatives; ISO14001, BREEAM In Use, H&S policies risk assessments, audit and inspections programme, undertaking investigations, monitoring and maintaining records. This post is offered on a permanent, part-time (0.8FTE) basis and is immediately available.
For full details of this position please read the Applicant Information Pack, available to download from the RCM
To apply, please complete our 1) Application form and 2) Equal Opportunities form (available to on our site by clicking the apply button) and submit in Word or PDF format by email to email@example.com
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
The RCM is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, students and visitors.