A great opportunity for an entry level H&S Advisor for a global company. A 1-3 yr contract for global work.
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity has become available within a large telecommunications company as a Health & Safety Advisor. The role would be a great opportunity for someone looking to build on their entry level experience under the guidance of a senior H&S professional
The role can be based from anywhere within the UK, with the successful candidate being willing to travel to UK and European sites. The successful candidate will report to a Senior HSEW Manager and will help shape our approach to HSE across multiple high-risk sites, within the UK and Europe.
As a H&S Advisor you will play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of our health and safety management systems. You will champion and drive a positive H&S culture within the business, influencing and supporting the operational teams in your regions. You will also be capable of being "hands-on", ensuring that relevant advice and support is given at all levels within the organisation. Working closely with a Senior HSEW Manager you will also help ensure legal compliance, data collection and all reporting is carried out for regulatory authorities.
Your new role
To advise and assist operations teams and other persons involved in planning, organising, and controlling work activities to create and implement local H&S plans and procedures.
* To manage H&S enquiries, taking appropriate action with a timely response and escalation where necessary
* To take a lead role in the incident and accident system, by reviewing incidents and escalating as appropriate. Ensuring that incidents logged are complete and followed up where necessary
* Engaging with all levels across Vodafone operations, from the senior management to the shop floor, to recommend, develop and embed H&S best practice.
* Liaise as necessary with employees, contractors, suppliers and other organisations, providing assistance and cooperation concerning inspections, audits, and remedial actions
* Delivering a regular audit, inspection and reporting program.
* Supporting the development and delivery of new initiatives across H&S.
* Provide support to a Senior HSW Manager in the implementation of the Vodafone Business HSEW strategy and maintenance of the Company's respective ISO accreditations.
What you'll need to succeed
* Demonstrable experience as a H&S advisor, ideally within a commercial environment.
* Experience of manufacturing and construction projects would be advantageous.
* Previous experience with the development and implementation of RAMS, risk assessments etc
* Applicable qualification(s) in health & safety related disciplines (e.g. NEBOSH General/ Construction Certificate).
* Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to travel to sites across the UK and Europe.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.