One of the UK’s most inspiring and best-known faith-based organisations is looking for an experienced Health & Safety manager to join our Property team.
The Salvation Army has a unique and diverse property portfolio of approximately 3,000 sites including residential, farms, Churches, shops, Homelessness accommodation, Older People’s care homes and offices.
Current property activity includes new builds, reactive and planned maintenance, statutory compliance, extensions, a new Head Office and significant capital projects.
As strategic lead for H&S you will design and implement the H&S strategy for all areas of property activity and promote a positive health and safety culture.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of setting strategic direction, monitoring compliance and mitigating risks
- Be able to design and influence improved safety systems and reporting on a variety of construction activities
- Have experience of project management of property works
- Have an enthusiasm for promoting a safety culture
- Advise and train colleagues and stakeholders in order to raise H&S standards
- Have significant experience of working with the CDM Regulations at all levels
- Have a recognised H&S qualification and IOSH membership
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team so if you are looking for a role that encompasses your passions for construction, safety and people then we are waiting to hear from you.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro rata), a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan and an employee assistance programme.
Closing date: 24 October 2021
Interview date: 11th November 2021
To apply, please visit our website.
Appointment subject to Satisfactory References, Proof of right to work in the UK and DBS check
Please note that we do not consider C.V's
Promoting equality in the workplace