Muraspec Decorative Solutions is a well-respected designer and manufacturer of commercial and high end residential wallcoverings. The company is well established in both the UK market and overseas. Passionate about customer service, Muraspec is committed to long term relationships with its customers and employees, who are empowered to take responsibility for their individual contributions to the Company’s success.
Main Aim of the Job
The Quality and Compliance Manager leads and supports all aspects of the business in its adoption and conformance to all quality, safety, health and environmental legislation, Compliance, best practice, policies, statements and procedures.
To plan, manage, implement and monitor all quality systems and processes, protective and preventative safety measures and promote & instil a positive QSHE culture and agenda within the workplace.
Principal Performance Objectives
- Control the day-to-day operations including auditing, meetings, training and updating documents and records for all aspects of the systems
- Act as the primary contact for ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and BSI standards
- Manage the relevant audit programmes; develop and maintain systems and methods for compliance audits, including non-conformance corrections & follow up; root cause analyses and compliance monitoring; creating relevant action plans; recommendations and reports within agreed formats and timescales.
- Evaluate and analyse quality issues in the production and introduce corrective and preventive actions
- Handle relevant customer complaints in liaison with the Technical Team, Account Managers and Customer Services.
- Liaise with management and staff to ensure continued Quality and Compliance integration into core operations
- Conduct Continuous Improvement processes to improve processes and procedures
- The role requires active participation at all levels, from strategy through to implementation as well as actively influencing and motivating a variety of people to ensure commitment to the overall quality and compliance systems
- Manage and carry out product compliance such as fire tests, CE, VOC, IMO and other relevant markings
- Raw material compliance
- Climate change and targets management
- Represent the company in British Coating Federation committees
- Key member of the product development team
Travel & Workplace Environment
Regular travel to head office in Hemel Hempstead
Friendly and co-operative working environment
Essential Baseline Work Experience
Have relevant engineering qualifications and have at least five years’ experience, ideally in a similar sector
- Up to date knowledge of the relevant legislative frameworks
- Quality Management experience within the manufacturing industry
- Background in wallcoverings desirable or in chemicals, polymers or paints
- Member of relevant professional institute/chartered status
- Should be familiar with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Experience in working with BSI standards
- Computer literate with strong MS Office and Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- Analytical and strategic with a pragmatic approach
- Ability to display commercial awareness
- Positive can-do attitude and self-motivated
- Well organised and work well under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement change
- Full, clean driving licence