Health and Safety Manager
Birmingham | £52,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a global leader in the construction industry to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This Principal Contractor turnover in excess of £1bn, and are currently engaged in a broad range of major construction projects. This will be a multi-site role across the Midlands, and will suit a driven individual who can hit the ground running.
Specifically, this organisation is looking for a creative, innovative, individual with new ideas, particularly around occupational health and wellbeing, which can ensure their award-winning safety program continues to deliver to the highest standard.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Assessing opportunities for development and improvement across the policies and procedures and implementing action plan for improvement
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching site leaders and contractors to ensure the Health and Safety policies and procedures are successfully implemented
- Managing and working closely with the site team to ensure documentation is in place
- Conducting incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
The successful Health and Safety Manager candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within construction or related industry
- Experience operating at site, influencing and engaging across the business
- Hold NEBOSH / NCRQ Certificate, ideally Diploma level, and ideally a member of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. The position will require the ability to travel regularly to site. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801 or Job reference: IR1194.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.