Are you looking for an opportunity to the manage the successful deployment of a full range of Environment Health and Safety services at a major manufacturing site in a technically robust way? If so, this is the role for you.
The EHS Advisor is a member of a team responsible for establishing, implementing, managing and continuously improving the environment, health and safety programs for the facility. This role is a tactical role for site-wide EHS management systems, EHS regulations, and industry best practices. The role works closely with EHS staff from other GSK sites and corporate functions to ensure consistency when implementing EHS initiatives.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career.
Role responsibilities include:
- Provide competent EHS advice, coaching and guidance to Line Managers and Senior Leadership Team
- Coach and mentor risk assessors to evaluate risks and recommend process improvements to eliminate/minimize employee exposure to hazards.
- Manage project tracking system, both overview and detailed, for compliance related activities.
- Work with departments to develop and maintain documentation for general safe work.
- Develop, prepare, and implement EHS procedures and new ways of working across the site.
- Assist in the maintenance of environmental permits, including electronic and paper filing, register of requirements, and compilation of data for regulatory submission.
- Prepare regular statistical reports of adverse events, energy resource utilization, and other reports as necessary. Ensure current reporting of KPIs. Interpret trends, recommend improvement program for the business.
- Track and report EHS key performance metrics.
- Provide site EHS Induction and other safety training
- Investigation of near misses and adverse events
- Involvement in and leadership of EHS Audits as appropriate.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Completion of further Health or Safety qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma or BOHS Occupational Hygiene or equivalent
- Good knowledge and understanding of EHS and Loss Prevention
- Meaningful experience acquired from a regulated technical industry with relevant qualifications in scientific or Technical discipline (or strong equivalent experience)
- Experience of dealing with Senior Leaders and external groups such as regulators
- Associate member of IOSH or another relevant organisation
- Strong- interpersonal and influencing skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Engineering, Science or Technical further education
- Successful completion of NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- Operational knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes in the pharmaceutical or FMCG (or similar industry)
- Graduate member of IOSH
When applying for this role, please use your 'cover letter' to clearly describe the following:
- What have you done to show your passion for Health and Safety in your current role?
- How do you meet the role responsibilities and qualifications outlined in this advertisement?
- How you will make a difference to the sites EHS performance and culture if you were appointed to the role?
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose – along with our goal of being one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies – helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.