Be part of our journey
As a global leader in speciality chemicals, we continue to succeed and strengthen our delivery of innovative, sustainable and high-performance solutions. We are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within an ever-growing market place. Our Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) teams play a key role in leading our safety effort, ensuring the necessary resources are in place to instil and maintain an effective safety culture on each of our sites.
We have an excellent opportunity at our Leek site in Staffordshire for a SHE Coordinator. Reporting to the SHE Manager, in this role you will coordinate the efficient operation of the SHE management systems. This will involve coordinating aspects of planning, doing, checking and acting system stages for a range of risk control programmes and SHE initiatives.
Our ideal person
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- As you will be in contact with people from all areas of the business, the ability to influence with good written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- You will have strong planning and organisation skills to ensure you can operate effectively with multiple tasks, being flexible to meet challenging requirements.
- This would be an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate educated to degree level in a scientific or technical subject
- An understanding of current SHE manufacturing legislation would be advantageous
- Due to the importance of continuing professional development and career prospects within our business, the successful appointee may be required to relocate to another Croda location for the next step in their progression.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package including: defined benefit pension scheme with death in service benefit, 25 days paid holiday allowance (plus bank holidays) and access to share incentive plans.