Environment and Sustainability Manager | London
£60,000 + Travel + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a Specialist Contractor to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Manager. The company work on a range of refurbishment and fit out projects across various sectors. The successful candidate will be driven to progress their career, working closely with the Head of Environment and Sustainability to achieve this.
The role is tasked both with ensuring the Environment and Sustainability policies and procedures are in place across the business and working with site leaders to ensure the successful implementation onsite.
Key responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Conducting BREEAM assessments and audits in compliance with ISO 14001
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Carrying out site inspections and audits, undertake preliminary environmental assessments and provide environmental training where required
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the fit out, construction or related sector
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline with good knowledge of BREEAM and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001)
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The position will include frequent travel across London. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801 or , or apply here. Job reference IR1187.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.