The Health & Safety Manager is a new position at DBR to support a growing business and meet its aspirations towards Tier 1 contractor status. The role would be full time and based in Victoria, London.
DBR specialises in the conservation of historic buildings working on some of the UKs most prestigious heritage assets including Palace of Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Victoria & Albert Museum along with numerous high profile estates along with churches and stately homes.
The role would support DBRs Principal Contracting business DBR London along with its divisions and sister companies DBR Southern, DBR Leadwork and DBR Conservation.
The role would comprise the establishment of in house health and safety support alongside the companies external health and safety advisors and as the organization grows to develop the health and safety department including training.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a high profile specialist company through its next stage of growth and to maintain its market lead as a ‘go to’ conservation business in the UK.
Salary £50-60k subject to experience plus benefits
Chartered Member of IOSH
Environmental Health qualification
10 years experience in constructional safety
Ability to obtain CTC clearance
Temporary Works Coordinator
Mental Health First Aid Certificate
Fire Marshal certificate
Fire risk Assessment Certificate
Experience in creating CPP’s
CIEH registered trainer for health & safety
Advanced Scaffold inspector
Face fit training
The role would comprise following;
- Support the construction managers with their daily H&S requirements and advice.
- Establish and improve procedures to ensure accurate and timely health and safety reporting and project and company health and safety management.
- To produce Construction Phase Plans with input from construction managers
- Innovative approach to health & safety required for cloud base reporting.
- To carry out incident investigations in conjunction with our external advisors
- To chair quarterly health and safety committee meetings and assist in construction managers monthly health and safety meetings
- To enforce compliance with the company health and safety policy in conjunction external H&S advisors
- To report to Directors on health and safety matters and produce H&S and environmental reports for Board Meetings.
- To implement and manage training matrix to ensure DBR personnel are suitably trained
- Vetting of subcontractors
- Compilation of Pre-qualification questionnaires and health & safety content for tenders.
- To enforce compliance with relevant health and safety and environmental ISO’s and ensure procedures are maintained and audits passed.
- Carry out where required audit inspections of sites, yard and offices along with collation of information and reports conducted by DBR independent health and safety advisors and construction managers.
- To attend post tender interviews
- To advise Directors on site based health and safety trends and collate data from health and safety meetings/forums