Health and Safety Advisor
Surrey based | £30,000 - £34,000, plus Benefits
Irwin & Colton are pleased to have been engaged on a role with a rapidly growing Facilities Management company, looking to recruit a new Health and Safety Advisor. The company's range of clients is very broad, from enterprise blue-chip businesses through to national healthcare; therefore, the new Health and Safety Advisor will be working closely with the Health and Safety Manager across the clients Health and Safety requirements.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Leading on activities to improve Health & Safety performance across the organisation, directly alongside the Health and Safety Manager
- Visiting sites to conduct audits and inspections, and answer any health and safety related queries
- Ensuring policies and procedures are reviewed and updated, completing accident investigations as required
- Co-ordinate and communicate health and safety activity across the business
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven health and safety experience within property management or facilities management (ideally soft FM)
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH.
- Excellent communications skills with experience of engaging with stakeholders
- Proven experience implementing ISO-Management Systems
This position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their career within a large and highly successful organisation. It would suit an enthusiastic and proactive person who enjoys interacting with a range of stakeholders. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.