The Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for advising Directors, Heads of Service, Managers and Employees of the Falkland Islands Government on all aspects of health and safety, to ensure compliance with legislation and adherence to the Government’s health and safety policies and standards.
The role will involve continuing the development, promotion and delivery of corporate arrangements and implementation of policies and procedures. The postholder will take the lead in the provision of guidance, support and advice on operational management of health and safety systems in relation to service-based arrangements.
The postholder will be responsible for carrying out accident/incident investigations, recording findings and using such information to improve systems and develop policy in relevant areas. Working in a reactive environment will require a ‘roll your sleeves up’ approach to motivate confidence and adherence to health and safety practices, policies and procedures.
You should hold a NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) with graduate IOSH status at Level 5 with a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating in a lead Health & Safety role for an organisation with comparable complexity.
- Fixed Term Contract, up to 4 years.
- Starting Salary - £37,725 up to £41,979 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) rising to £46,599.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity (taxable).
- 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and any recognised dependents residing with you at post both at the beginning and end of contract, along with additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page.
For further information regarding the position please contact Colin Summers, Director of Public Works by emailing email@example.com or by calling (+500) 27193.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.