Are you self-starting and highly-motivated to drive sustainable difference in your workplace? Do you have a passion for working with and building diverse talent? Keen to lead a team that thrives on challenge and team work? Then the Safety & Environmental Leader role at our flagship manufacturing site in the UK could be for you!
Kimberly-Clark is the world’s premier tissue manufacturer and the company behind the market leading consumer brands Huggies®, Kleenex®, and Andrex®. Much of this success is largely due to the people behind our products – namely our 41,000 employees worldwide. Our manufacturing facility at Barrow-in-Furness is responsible for the production of tissue products, including the majority of Andrex and is the home of Kleenex UK. Andrex is the number 1 non-food consumer brand in the UK. The site continues to benefit from huge investment in new equipment as we continually upgrade our products and lead our markets. Kimberly-Clark Barrow has a strong heritage and ethos in safety and environment. We are seeking an inspiring leader to build upon the great foundations we have on site.
Safety and Environmental Leader
Location – Barrow, Cumbria
Full Time, Permanent
As a core member of the facility’s leadership team, you will be central to delivering the business strategies by developing, leading & supporting safety and environment initiatives within the Barrow facility and across the broader UK and EMEA organisation.
You will provide safety & environment strategy aligned with business and mill safety & environment objectives whilst ensuring continuous improvement of EHS Management system with strong links to our global network.
- Leads in ensuring the required Safety & Environment responsibilities are being carried out fully across the mill
- Leads a team of an experienced safety advisor and an environmental leader, leveraging diverse individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilised
- Develops and leads behavioural safety strategy across site and ensures engagement of facility leadership team to role model
- Sets and builds engagement strategies including working with safety reps and safety champions around the mill
- Takes EHS standard lead for PCS (People centered Safety) & Global Injury & Illness Reporting
- Ensures mill compliance with legislation and standards and builds and manages effective relationships with relevant external bodies, primarily the EA, HSE & CPI.
- Drives continuous improvement of mill EHS Management System
- Supports team investigations, problem solving and communication of incidents, injuries and near misses
- Participates in Safety & Environment audits and other monitoring activities
- Provides guidance in the risk assessments of machinery and operational activity and the subsequent risk reduction plans from these.
- Leverages statistical data to support Safety & Environment improvement and direction of improvement plans
- Leads implementation of EMEA Safety & Environment initiatives & ensures mill strategy is aligned with these
- Experience in a safety & environment lead role within industrial environment
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma
- IEMA Foundation Certificate
- ISO Lead Auditor Qualification
- FMCG experience
- (Working towards) NEBOSH Diploma
- (Working towards) IEMA Diploma
Onboarding will include:
- Grounding in core Kimberly-Clark processes and signature programmes
- Overview of site equipment, systems and processes
- Introduction of Kimberly-Clark EHS global processes and best practices
- Networking across the facility and across K-C EMEA safety team and global contacts
- Negotiable basic salary
- 15% bonus
- Company car/ Car allowance
- Generous pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
You can also boost your package by choosing a range of our flexible benefits including:
- Holiday trading (buy or sell an extra 5 days holiday a year)
- Life assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Travel insurance
- Dental cover
- Discounted gym memberships
- Share scheme options
- And many more!
To find out more about this opportunity from one of our Internal Recruiters, click APPLY to submit your application.
Barrow-in-Furness is a town and borough located in Cumbria, North West England. It is just on the door step of the wonderful Lake District with plenty of sites, walks and activities to get involved in.
Working at Barrow Mill:
When joining Kimberly-Clark as a member of the mill leadership team you will have exposure to all elements of the business and strategic decision making within a FMCG environment. This position is an exciting opportunity for you to build on your leadership and technical ability.
In return we offer a generous benefits package and will consider relocation packages for those who want to escape to the countryside.
The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KC is a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign