As the largest integrated forestry business in the UK, with 1700 employees and operations spanning the forestry, sawmilling, timber manufacturing and energy sectors, BSW Timber Group is a rapidly developing multi-site business with a turnover in excess of £500m.
With 7 sawmills in the UK and one in Latvia, manufacturing and supplying a wide range of quality sawn products for a variety of industries, we’re constantly working together to create a sustainable future for British forests and woodlands.
Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator
- Based in Central Powys
- Full-time / Permanent
- £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Reporting to the Group ESH Manager and working closely with Site Management and Group ESH teams, you will champion an awareness and responsibility culture with our employees via the provision of hands-on support, advice, and guidance on all ESH issues.
Specifically, some responsibilities of an Health and Safety (ESH) Coordinator include:
- Co-ordinating the development, implementation, maintenance and management of suitable systems and procedures to comply with or exceed statutory requirements, ESH legislation and best practice.
- Conduct and assist in incident investigations to produce reports and make recommendations based on the findings, ensuring that all information is captured on the health and safety management system.
- Monitoring of site health and safety performance, collating site information from incidents, near hits, inspections etc., and develop reactive and proactive trending indicators to help target and deliver H&S improvements.
- Facilitate and coach the site safety representatives within their role to ensure they perform and advocate best health and safety practice in the workplace.
- Identify ESH training needs, helping to create and organise training sessions across the mill, and where appropriate, deliver training to employees.
- Liaise with management and admin teams to coordinate and arrange occupational health site visits, medical referrals and organise workplace hygiene assessments.
Already a dynamic and proactive ESH professional, ideally from a site-based role within manufacturing, you will demonstrate a strong passion for health and safety. With the ability to maintain and make sound, practical and timely decisions, you are able to champion workplace safety without losing sight of the overall group objectives. In addition, you will have:
- Good IT skills across all Microsoft programmes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- A logical approach and a high level of attention to detail.
- NEBOSH Qualification at a diploma level (or equivalent).
- An environmental qualification would also be desirable.
- Candidates must hold a Full Driving License as the role requires an element of travel to sites across the UK.
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. As well as the competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as:
- Discounted rate on a range of BSW products including Woodfuel Direct.
- Employee benefits portal with access to exclusive deals and discounts on 100s of high street brands, utilities, eating out and more!
- Confidential 24/7 wellbeing support.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Funded learning and career development opportunities.
- Company provided Life Assurance policy.
Interested? Click APPLY to be directed to our career’s portal.
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our company website.