This is a new and exciting role which will support the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team to drive forward health, safety and wellbeing standards and culture and is a chance to be part of a progressive and cutting-edge University in a beautiful location, where you can really make a difference.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, you will be responsible for delivering, reviewing and continually improving the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Management System, providing day to day hands on advice and guidance to all stakeholders both within the organisation and externally.
- You will be a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or you will be working towards this (GradIOSH)
- You will have experience undertaking a ‘competent’ Health and Safety Advisor role within a large complex organisation.
- You will have the ability to understand, interpret and apply UK Health, Safety and Wellbeing legislation and best practice to deliver accurate and tailored Health, Safety and Wellbeing advice and guidance to all stakeholders.
- You will have the knowledge, skills and experience to deliver and the interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills to bring everyone with you on the journey.
- You will have the ability to provide risk-based solutions to a range of stakeholders on complex Health and Safety issues.
Please demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria outlined in the knowledge, qualifications, training and experience elements of the job description in your supporting statement.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role then please contact Michelle Hingston-Wood or Kirstie Spencer by email email@example.com or or by telephone on 01752 588555.
We offer a competitive salary package and a generous pension and holiday scheme. We also offer a range of other benefits, including ongoing development opportunities.
This is a full-time position working 37 hours per week on a permanent basis.
Flexible working options will be considered.
Closing date: 12 midnight, Wednesday 15 September 2021
A successful external candidate for this position would be employed by the University of Plymouth Services Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Plymouth. Employees of the University of Plymouth Services Limited work alongside the University of Plymouth colleagues in delivery of Plymouth’s strategic vision, and will adopt the University of Plymouth’s HR policies and procedures in full unless otherwise stated.
The University of Plymouth is a diverse, welcoming community where everyone makes a difference and is encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. To find out more about our inclusive community, initiatives such as Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter and our range of benefits / support mechanisms such as flexible working, staff networks and enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave please visit , our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion webpages
We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups at the University of Plymouth, such as BAME/BIPOC and LGBT+.