Northampton | £40,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton is looking to identify an Environment Advisor to join a specialist civil engineering contractor, to work on their long-term water projects across the Midlands and the Southeast. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a passionate Environment Team and further develop your career.
Key responsibilities of the Environmental Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a range of water projects
- Attend site wide surveys / screening surveys: collecting data to establish a baseline condition on environmental issues for a site or area of consideration
- Conducting site visits and audits working around ISO 14001. Constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as a point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful Environmental Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering, or related sector
- Ideally professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
- Experience in environment assessment and impact management
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Cox on 01923 432 687 / or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.