Health, Safety & Environment Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 + attractive benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a specialist steel manufacturer, to recruit a Health, Safety & Environment Manager. The organisation is a leading designer and producer of high-quality products and this role is specifically responsible for the manufacturing and distribution site in the Scunthorpe area. This role will lead on Health, Safety & Environment across the site.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety & Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring the site is compliant with both UK legislation for health, safety and environment
- Engaging across the site to drive improvement across the health, safety and environment
- Auditing safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies
The successful Health, Safety & Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH, ideally working towards a Diploma
- Environmental qualification or ISO14001 auditor experience (desired)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to work for leading brand within their field in a professional working environment. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.