An Opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and proactive Health and Safety professional to join a Highways Specialist Contractor . Ideally you will have experience within the Construction Industry.
Responsibilities of the role
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Engaging with all members of the company to identify areas of constant improvements
- Conducting site inspections and audits across live construction projects for health and safety environmental and quality aspects.
- Work with management to resolve HSQE matters
- Engage with operatives and managers on site to encourage health and safety best practice
- Be an active member of the whole team
- Investigate accidents and incidents
- Assist with PQQ's and tenders
- Offer health and safety advice.
- Be proactive in rollling out new initiatives.
- After a period of familiarisation, maintaining our 45001, 14001 and 9001 management systems.
Qualifications and attributes of Candidate:
- Minimum Nebosh /NCRQ diploma or equivalent
- Member of IOSH
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM
- Be an enthusiastic member of the team and also able to work unsupervised.
- Be familiar with environmental aspect and Impacts
- Be focused and maintaining quality performance and continual improvement.
- Able to influence a good behavioural safety culture.