Programme Head of Health and Safety - RIP South
Your new role
Here at Highways England we are striving for excellence so if you’re looking for a new opportunity to be part of a high performing team please see below!
As Programme Head of Health and Safety you will be influential in supporting the safe delivery of our RIP South portfolio of work through the current Road Investment Strategy (RIS 2) period (2020 to 2025) into the next RIS 3 (2025 to 2030) period.
What you’ll be leading on
- Oversee the assurance activities across the programme on pre-construction and construction phases to ensure our CDM duties as Client are being discharged and complied with.
- Support the coordination and implementation of the Major Projects Home, Safe and Well transformation strategy across the Programme.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Programme Health, Safety and Wellbeing Plan.
- Provide advice, guidance, comment and feedback on project governance.
- Engage design and delivery partners to understand and promote innovative solutions to eliminating, reducing and controlling key project risks.
- Support and ensure that Programme significant incident reviews take place which challenge findings and share learning with the wider supply chain.
To be successful
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior project management to deliver Health, Safety and Wellbeing management. (Essential).
- Applied knowledge of construction industry Health and Safety legislation and its interpretation and application within large infrastructure projects. (Essential).
- Experience of Health and Safety management within a client organisation covering large scale infrastructure projects and employer context (Desirable).
- NEBOSH Diploma (Level 6) or equivalent in Health and Safety. (Essential).
- Professional level membership of a recognised body e.g. CMIOSH or evidence of working towards. (Essential).
- Stakeholder engagement (Essential).
- A bit about us
Safety, Engineering and Standards (SES) is an exciting place to work. SES key priorities are to support world class operational delivery and technical advice for our road network, provide support services to lead, enable and innovate in the development of the Strategic Road Network and provide expert advice on matters relating to health and safety. If you are looking for a challenging, exhilarating and world class organisation then join one of our dedicated, professional teams leading on technical services, health and safety, sustainability and diversity agendas for Highways England.
Want to know more?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting HIG05258.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.