Project Health and Safety Lead
Brussels | €85,000 + Living Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a major international Principal Contractor to recruit a Project Health and Safety Lead. The company have an excellent track record of health and safety performance and this role is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
Responsibilities of the Project Health and Safety Lead will include:
- Planning health and safety throughout the development, assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Project Health and Safety Lead will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry, ideally from a Principal contractor
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- Relevant health and safety related qualifications
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing and behavioral programmes
- Solid understanding of health and safety legislation
This role is based in Belgium, any candidates are required to have their right to work.
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Isla Robson on , or +44(0) 1923 432 801.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK and Europe. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Lead, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.