A 6 month contractor working for a Local government body as a Risk Manager .
I am currently working with Large local government body who are looking for an experienced Risk Manager on a 6 month contract. The role is based in Central London with hybrid working (35 hours a week)
The role is paying £350 PAYE, £400 Umbrella inside scope with an immediate start.
In order to be successful the ideal candidate would have a strong construction, infrastructure of rail background.
- Accountable for leading and managing the implementation of consistent risk & opportunity management tools and techniques, processes and standards, in line with TfL and industry best practice and integrating these within the wider project controls framework across Infrastructure.
- Responsible for applying advanced knowledge in the technical/professional discipline of risk & opportunity management for the analysis and resolution of issues within a projects and programmes framework, including benchmarking against best practice and implementing innovative solutions.
- Responsible for working with delivery teams to understand the risk & opportunity profiles of the projects and programmes, to develop robust risk & opportunity management, mitigation and contingency strategies, and to escalate significant risks using agreed governance mechanisms as appropriate.
- Constantly maintain corporate risk & opportunity management systems - ensuring feeder registers are updated and translated into required system.
- Responsible for supporting project teams in carrying out Quantified Risk Assessments (QRA) and assessing risk apportionment in commercial contracts and procurements relating to project and programme delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring risk & opportunity management tools and techniques, processes and standards are communicated and applied appropriately on projects / programmes.
- Lead a team who directly support project delivery to establish a unified and high standard of quality output.
- Contribute to driving and leading a positive safety culture within MPD projects and ensuring their team is invested in managing and improving HSE performance.
- Contribute in equality of opportunity, social inclusion, fair employment and environmental sustainability, creating open, inclusive and engaging environment within MPD and across stakeholders, customers and supply chain.
- Extensive knowledge of and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Risk Management & benchmarking and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a transport setting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of risk & opportunity management frameworks, tools and techniques in a project and programme management setting Understanding of TfL project and programme management methodologies and processes
- Good knowledge of EU and UK legislation, law and best practice, particularly in relation to risk management
If this role could be of interest, please contact Erin Hawnt to discuss in further detail.