Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor - £45,000 - Merseyside
Your new company
I am currently working with a North West Building Contractor who have been established for over 20 years and pride themselves on their customer satisfaction. They are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team based in Merseyside. With over 250 staff, this company are committed to investing in long term relationships with their clients and have excellent testimonials resulting in a huge portion of repeat business.
Your new role
The main purpose of your role is to ensure all workers are following correct procedures and working safely whilst improving performance through the implementation of ISO 45001, 9001 and 14001. You will be responsible for sites across the North West, but predominantly Merseyside and will have exposure to responsive repairs through to major refurbishments and build.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Promoting safe working practices on site
- Conducting investigations on accidents and near misses
- Conduct daily safety audits to ensure a hazard-free environment
- Conduct toolbox talks
- Carry out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations
- Testing effectiveness of site emergency response plans
- Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues
- Attend project planning meetings and collaborate with construction managers
- Verification of tools and equipment
- Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans
- Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in a similar role within construction. NEBOSH certificate required this role, general or construction. You will be flexible in your approach to work and have excellent attention to detail as well as being able to communicate with all levels of the business.
What you'll get in return
This is a full time, permanent position with hours of work 8-5. Salary £45,000 plus car allowance, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.