Health & Safety Manager
- IOSH Qualification
A qualified H&S Manager opportunity on a 6month basis in Bristol with manufacturing and management experience.
I am currently working with a prestigious, reputable company who are looking for a Qualified H&S Manager on a 6 month basis. Manufacturing experience and a high level of management experience is essential.
This 6 month opportunity is looking to support the leadership team of a national company in developing Health, Safety and Environmental standards, ensuring that they are embedded within the organisation.
You will be responsible for setting the strategic framework for the management of these standards and for defining and delivering against objectives that enable both the achievement of these standards and continuous improvement.
The role is on a 6 month contract basis either on a day rate of £350 per day or £60K pro rata +travel expenses covered. Travel will be required for this role.
- Providing technical guidance on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters, identifying and advising on current and future requirements and ensuring that systems, policies and processes are in place to support the continuing development of a HSE culture across the organisation.
- Ensure there is a company-wide awareness to H&S with appropriate training and education programmes in place to reinforce understanding balanced up by an effective internal communications programme.
- Provide monthly progress reports for board meetings and monthly updates for toolbox talks.
- Offer support to ensure Managers are trained in induction processes that are delivered across the business, providing annual refresher sessions. Also offering coaching, specialist advice and practical support on all HSE matters to management teams.
- Set the strategic framework for the management of Health, Safety and Environmental standards, engaging stakeholders across all regions to ensure that these standards are understood and embedded.
- Develop, review and monitor HSE objectives and targets across the organisation.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Senior Management Team to ensure that the organisation complies with statutory obligations and best practice. Make recommendations, propose options, and develop implementation plans to ensure that the organisation maintains compliance in all areas of HSE.
- Implement and oversee organisation and regional HSE update sessions across the business.
- Responsible for the periodic Group HSE performance report.
- Lead investigations and assist others to investigate incidents / accidents ensuring that there is an appropriate improvement plan to prevent future recurrence and lessons learnt
- Previous experience leading HS&E across an organisation, including within a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
- Environmental Qualification IEMA Level 2 or equivalent
- Experience in Manufacturing
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills, being able to persuade management to agree with your decisions which may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- Driver of change and Continuous Performance improvement, high levels of personal commitment
- IT competent, able to use Microsoft Office packages
- Effective team working and relationship building skills
- Flexible approach to work.
Please contact me to discuss your interest in this role
Apply for Health & Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly