HSE & Sustainability Manager
Amphenol Invotec is part of the $8 billion p.a. Amphenol Corporation – a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. Since 1974, Invotec has been pushing boundaries in circuit board technology for a highly demanding customer base in the Aerospace, Military and Industrial sectors. We are now seeking to recruit a HSE & Sustainability Manager who will help deliver unrivalled levels of excellence. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing HSE & Sustainability Leadership across 3 AMAO UK entities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops and executes environmental, health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines and best practice.
- Prepares and enforces policies, procedures and working instructions to establish a culture of environment, health and safety.
- Conducts risk reviews, compliance audits and internal assessments.
- Defines and develops EHS program across the company to ensure continual improvement beyond compliance.
- Prepares and presents the EHS management systems for certification (ISO14001, ISO50001, ISO45001, etc.)
- Conducts training and presentations for environment, health and safety matters and incident/accident prevention.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root causes, create actions to reduce risk and prevent re-occurrence. Provide support for any legal actions taken against the company.
- Evaluates EHS implications of new products, processes and machinery, including formal authorization for use and certification (i.e. CE conformity).
- Providing guidance to site on Health and Safety matters as required to ensure site remains legally compliant, including COVID19
- Develop site KPIs, and support with reporting procedures
- Support site with implementing an improved streamlined approach to accident and near miss reporting
- Develop new EHS employee and contractor inductions, including awareness training
- Support site with organisation of risk assessments, and recommendations of appropriate training for site champions
- Carry out fire drills on site and record findings, ensure fire risk assessment is up to date and identify training for fire wardens
- Provide support to site with EHS communication
- Implement appropriate internal EHS monthly inspection programme, and support site as required
- Provide support/guidance for corporate sustainability reporting, including REACH, ROHS, Conflict Minerals etc.
- Provide support/guidance to the management team for Business Continuity planning.
- Support Amphenol Ltd and Martec 3 to 4 days a month
- Travel to Kent and Telford required
Essential Qualities include:
- GCSE, or equivalent, in English and Maths Grade C or above
- Diploma qualified – NEBOSH or equivalent
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Hazardous Materials Safety
- Completion of post incident analysis
- Corrective Action Reporting
Essential Qualities include:
- Multi site experience
- Certificate level qualification in Environmental Management or relevant experience
For more information, please refer to the job description and person specification documents.
Please go to our website to view our Data Protection Policy and Job Applicant Privacy Notice. If you would like a hard copy of these documents please contact the HR Department.