UK&I Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Want to help us bring happiness to the world? Want to join an ambitious and fast growing global biscuits and confectionery business investing heavily in iconic global brands, infrastructure and people? Then this is the place for you.
As proud bakers and chocolatiers and custodians of iconic global brands, we don’t compromise on the quality of ingredients in our products or on the people we hire. We are looking for entrepreneurial spirits who share our passion for bringing happiness to our consumers and who embody our Winning Traits.
To succeed at pladis you need to be purpose-led, resilient and positive to succeed here because we expect pace and agility, we insist on collaboration and demand accountability. If that is your thing, then pladis offers global ambition, a clear Vision and roadmap for success, challenge, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and make an impact
Click “Apply” to get started.
The role is advertised at our Manchester site, however we will also welcome applicants across the country as this is a central role.
What will this role achieve?
This is a pivotal and exciting role with a dynamic and wide-ranging scope across the UK&I business including support for Northern European sites. You will be accountable for continuous improvement in all aspects of the business HSE (health, safety and environment) management systems and standards, in line with the group’s systems and policies.
You will build organisational development opportunities through the management of HSE audit programmes; assisting sites with incident investigations and disseminating the findings.
Introducing a strong awareness in HSE is your utmost priority, and to provide appropriate advice and support, as well as business strategy!
What will be your key results?
- Cultivate a high level of knowledge and expertise in Health, Safety and Environment matters in order to provide the HSE Lead and the business with advice and support
- Manage the development and roll out including delivery of business HSE training and behavioural safety programmes
- Serve continuous improvement in all aspects of the business HSE management systems and standards
- Complete horizon scanning and ensure information is shared with the business regarding any future changes to legislative requirements and/or standards in a timely manner
- Act as business support for the investigation and review of significant accidents, incidents, complaints and pollution events, and the identification of solutions to prevent recurrence
- Drive close out of issues and non-conformance; feeding into the Crisis Incident Management (CIM) process for HSE issues
- Lead business audits and reviews the implementation of Health and Safety policies, working practices, safety procedures and standards for all respective operations and reviews overarching themes to identify business wide solutions
- Represent the business where required with regulatory health, safety & environmental authorities and supports and coordinates with the site leads to work with regulatory authorities and insurers on key matters such as fire risk assessment and certification, RIDDOR reporting, emergency planning and safety improvement plans
- Takes an active part in site HSE committees where required across the business; drives the HSE agenda for the business
- Collate data, information and reports on business HSE performance whilst ensuring accuracy of the data.
What do you need for this role?
- NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- Proven experience in a Health & Safety role
- Significant experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Proficient knowledge of Health & Safety Law and its application
- TECH SP/Graduate Membership of IOSH
- Associate Membership of IEMA
- Chartered Membership (or working towards) IOSH
- Diploma in Environmental Management IEMA /NEBOSH
- Practitioner level Membership of IEMA or higher
- Degree in relevant Health & Safety and/or Environmental subject
- Previous experience in management role
Our winning traits and behaviours
- Purpose-Led - Energized by our promise to deliver happiness to the world with every bite
- Agile - Ever evolving, never satisfied and never standing still
- Collaborative - Willing to work with others for mutual success, transparent, a win-win seeker
- Resilient - Quick to adapt to change, fast learner and persistent in the face of setbacks
- Positive - Self-motivated, optimistic, courageous, and inspiring
Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do and is reflected across our business. pladis brings together brands and people from around the globe – and this diversity is our great strength.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and believe in fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate diversity of thinking and respect everyone’s distinctive qualities and perspectives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform key job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
pladis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List. If you are a recruitment agency and wish to submit candidate to be considered for this vacancy, you must have agreed to, and signed, our terms of business.
We will not accept CVs from any other sources other than those currently on our PSL. We will not pay a fee for any candidate that has not been represented by a provider on our PSL.