Health and Safety Coordinator
Health & Safety Coordinator
1 year FTC with potential to become permanent
Skipton, North Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 plus excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a global industrial manufacturing company to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator on a 1 year fixed term contract with a view to become permanent for the right candidate. The company are leaders in their field and known for their innovative high quality products which are distributed to customers globally. This role is specifically based on the manufacturing site in Skipton and will support on all Health and Safety matters.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Coordinator will include:
- Assisting in ensuring the site is compliant with both UK legislation and in line with wider Group strategy for health & safety
- Delivering Risk Assessments across the site whilst accurately reporting on health & safety performance
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, operational staff and external regulators
- Providing health and safety support across the site and always seeking opportunities to improve and develop health & safety
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will have:
- Experience in a health & safety role ideally within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent (or working towards)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in performing Risk Assessments essential
This is an excellent opportunity for a Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career in a successful global organisation. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.