Southampton City Council is looking for a CDM Advisor. In this role, you will play an integral part within the multi-disciplinary Design Services team for the successful delivery of professional services for a variety of clients and sectors within the Council across a range of multidisciplinary projects.
We are currently looking to strengthen our in-house capability by appointing a CDM Advisor.
The opportunity will be focussed around furthering existing internal business unit relationships and driving further growth and technical acumen in the current team, currently enjoying - and delivering - an expanding workload across the Southampton City Council.
You as the successful candidate will be working towards securing or maintaining membership of a relevant professional body.
You will have proven experience of organising a delegated workload in accordance with a project programme and resource plan, and to work with other Design Services team members.
You will possess an understanding of relevant design and construction related legislation including Building Regulations and CDM 2015, along with relevant British Standards and be able demonstrate understanding of how BIM requirements are transforming the wider industry.
Your grasp of the CDM Regulations 2015 will allow you to act as or assist the Principal Designer (under CDM 2015) and carry out duties as identified within the HSE legislation commensurate with this role.
Routine liaison as necessary with all other design consultants and the contract administrator, assist in co-ordinating and reviewing the documentation of the project team and visit active construction sites as necessary.
- Providing support to experienced colleagues within the Design Services Team and Property Division.
- Proof reading documents to check they are complete and accurate.
- Completing general administrative duties, with excellent planning, organisational, training teamwork and presentation skills.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office.
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel if necessary.
- Attending design team and project CDM meetings.
- Liaising with contractors maintaining full communication through duration of project.
- Undertake Health and Safety Inspections on site and understand construction phase risk.
- Preparation of pre-construction information packs and other CDM related documentation.
- Assisting in the preparation of CDM documentation.
- Prepare / update the Health and Safety file to relate to any Operational and Maintenance information prepared for a project, and handover to the SCC Client representative.
- A good understanding of the 'end-user' and maintenance requirements.
- Applying and developing your knowledge and understanding of risk assessments.
- Applying and developing your knowledge and experience of CDM / Health & Safety.
- Applying the principles of Quality Assurance [QA] and environmental management in compliance with the SCC's policies.
- Developing your understanding of SCC's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety whilst at work.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Possess a NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- A member of Association of Project Safety (APS)as well as either Register of CDM Principal Designers (IMaPS / CMaPS)
- A member of ISOH
- Qualified as a Principal Designer under CDM 2015
Ideally you need to have strong technical experience of CDM and Safety In Design.
For further information about this role please view the job description.
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you.
Contact details for informal discussion:
For further information and details regarding the position please contact Phil Orde, Design Services Manager on 07392314870
- Please note the salary is based on working 37 hours per week.
- The working hours for this role are 37 hours per week.
The supporting statement section of the application form must be completed. Unless there are specific criteria questions for you to evidence against, you will need to detail how you meet the essential, and if applicable the desirable criteria for the role. A CV on its own will not be considered.
To apply for the position please select the 'Apply for this job' button at the bottom of the page.
We are proud to be #DisabilityConfident and support fair recruitment practices. Find out how you can get involved at gov.uk/disability-confident