Your new company
I am currently working with a well-established contracting company who carry a wealth of expertise and experience. Offering several trades around building maintenance and having a huge involvement in social housing carrying out repairs and decorating. They have over 100 staff who operate from their regional office. A fantastic opportunity to thrive and progress with the company, putting your own 'stamp' on the role. They are dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure working environment for all, with Health & Safety at the forefront of everything they do.
Your new role
As the HSEQ Officer you will report to the Commercial Manager and be the appointed person for all Health & Safety matters. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the senior leadership team and provide regular updates on all Health & Safety aspects.
- Provide pro-active support and guidance to the business in relation to the implementation of Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Oversee health safety, quality and environmental control activities and recommendations within the business.
- Carry out risk assessments and implement safe working practices across the business.
- Manage the incidents and accidents report, investigate any issues and make recommendations for prevention of re-occurrences.
- Driving continuous improvements and a positive pro-active culture.
- Undertake audits of the company sites and produce reports in relation.
- Design and deliver bespoke training.
- Drive and improve the ISO Quality management system 9001 & 45001.
What you'll need to succeed
My client is looking for someone who has previously worked on site, who can demonstrate a real passion for Health & Safety, whilst ensuring that improvements are driven. Having a 'can do' attitude with a hands-on but flexible approach will help you flourish within this role. Experience in dealing with stakeholders. The ability to efficiently solve problems and collaborate with employees at all levels is a must. To be considered for this role you will need to hold a NEBOSH Certificate. This role included travel to different sites across the UK, so a full clean UK driving license is essential.
What you'll get in return
Salary of up to £35,000, a generous holiday package throughout the year plus bank holidays. There also are other internal benefits included.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.