2 days left
- IOSH Qualification
Ensuring compliance with government and legal regulations through policy enforcement or adherence to legal guidelines.
To contribute to the executive decision-making processes to ensure a commitment to achieve progressively higher standards within the company and move it towards being the best in its field of activities, and to be an advocate for improvement and change across all its functions and at all levels.
To promote a positive climate in which Compliance and H&S are seen by management, employees, neighbours, customers and other off-site agencies as being fundamental to the company’s day to day operations. Ensuring that policies, programmes, systems, procedures and registrations are developed and maintained to meet company and regulatory health, safety environmental requirements.
To ensure current awareness with relevant EHS issues is maintained though liaison with the Chemical Industries Association and other organisations.
- Manage a small team carrying out the EHS function across both companies on site.
- Accident and incident investigations, report findings and Identify countermeasures to prevent re occurrence by RCA and Risk Management; identification of hazard and planning of action to remove or reduce.
- Acknowledge, Investigate, and resolve Non-conformance's.
- Implementation, communication, and Review of Audit.
- Required to keep up to date with legislation and industry best practice and prepare, communicate changes highlighting any risk or operations requirements.
- Management of Legislation Register, ensuring of site compliance through documented checks and protocol.
- Organise all required EHS training programmes for relevant site personnel, including Process Safety training where relevant.
- Develop, implement, and manage regulations under the health and safety at work act 1974 safety programs.
- Coordinate the site competence management system as it pertains to the management of major accident hazards, including critical task analysis.
- Management and Implementation of the Major Accident Policy Plan [MAPP] ensure that foreseeable emergencies have been identified and suitable prevention and mitigation arrangements are in place, including proportionate emergency response procedures.
- EHS duties around the safety and environmental complaint operations of the facility, completion and communication of any required documentation to any third party [or interested party].Ensure adequate site induction to all contractors and visitors.
- Coordinate and lead the site safety committee activities.
- To assist the Process Safety team in process hazard assessments (PHA), including HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, HFA and the development of ALARP demonstrations, as required under COMAH.
- Liaise with all interested parties; enforcing competent authorities on EHS matters (NRW and HSE), the Emergency Services, to arrange regular Emergency Drills to enable the testing and review of the on-site Emergency Response Plan, and development and maintenance of the off-site Emergency Response Plan with the local Emergency Planning authority
- To act as Fire Officer for the site, and to ensure site fire risk assessments are up to date and necessary control measures are implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- To carry out any reasonable requests within the work environment in the interests and support of the company that may not specifically detailed above.
- Model and promote an organisational culture that fosters safety through effective leadership.
- Completion and management of risk assessments including COSHH
- Experience of a COMAH site (Lower Tier and Upper Tier, including Domino)
- Ability to lead scenario training and emergency drills
- Experience in a similar role
- Audit Experience. Setting audit schedules and completion of internal audits
- Co-ordination of site training
- Act as Site Lead in relationship with Regulatory Authorities and Local Government
- Chair meetings or committees
- Good working knowledge of the chemical industry and associated legislation
- Presenting to groups including senior management
- Management of projects and teams
- Co-ordination of site EHS training
Qualifications [ Essential ]
Health and Safety qualification to NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or equivalent, or degree level.
Qualifications [ Desirable ]
CMIOSH – or working towards Chartered status
Apply for EHS Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly