Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
London, South East
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + Car allowance, bonus and excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest real estate organisations to identify a new Health and Safety Manager. The organisation holds a multibillion-pound property portfolio across both high-risk and low-risk commercial properties.
This role will be report to the Group Health and Safety Manager, supporting the development and delivery of the overall Health and Safety strategy for the business. The role will partner with key internal stakeholders across the business, to help raise the level of health and safety performance across the portfolio and to share best practice across the business for both UK properties, as well as Continental Europe.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders at asset and site locations to assist and drive a positive culture.
- Assessment of the health and safety management system to ensure that it is reflects best practice.
- Engaging in site inspections as required, working closely with local partners and teams, as well as external specialist consultants, across the UK portfolio and Europe.
- Supporting the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH.
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role driving change across large organisations, ideally across property or in a commercial corporate environment.
- Experience influencing and engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders and levels
- Construction and property sector knowledge, with an understanding of associated risks
- Willingness to travel in the UK and Europe if required
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading property company with a diverse and interesting portfolio. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Health and Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly