Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager| London & Essex | Main Contractor | £45-50k
Your new company
An opportunity has come up for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join a Specialist Contractors based at their main office in Essex. As Health & Safety Manager you will be working within a multidisciplinary team and shall assume overall management of the day to day running of the companies health and safety, including their main office premises, joinery workshop and construction projects.
Your new role
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure the organisation complies with current health and safety legislation approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to service provision and employment matters
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policies and practices and ensure they are consistently implemented across the company
- Make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required Identification the training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required
- Liaise with bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive, and any other relevant organisations
- Ensure the organisation, its clients, designers and sub-contractors comply with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Maintain and develop the companies safety management system & accreditations
- Assess contractors' health and safety policies prior to approval and monitor compliance to Company Standards and the requirements of health and safety legislation
- Support managers to maintain safe places of work, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support. Produce site files for new projects including
- Construction phase plans, risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- At conclusion of projects produce either O&M manuals or dependent on appointment full handover files for client issue
- Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements
- Work closely with advisors/inspectors in respect to their site visits and in particular ensuring the close out of any actions and review of preventative measures
- Investigate, or where appropriate, to lead and assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
What you'll need to succeed
- NEBOSH Construction or suitably equivalent qualifications; member of IOSH
- Knowledge and proven track record of managing health and safety systems within the construction industry
- Good experience of Accident Investigation
- Experience in a fast track projects, hospitals and general public sector project would be desirable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Health and Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly