SHEQ Coordinator - Construction - £30-£35k - Permanent
Your new company
I am currently working with a market leading organisation who have been established for over 12 years and provide a range of services including construction services and facilities management to a number of industries including healthcare, education and commercial & retail. They aim to deliver quality projects and pride themselves on repeat business due to their client care. Due to a restructure, this company are looking for a SHEQ Coordinator to join their team.
Your new role
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare Construction Phase Plans and documentation
- Determine the direction for the continuous improvement for SHEQ procedures and systems
- Advise and assist with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ related legislation
- Liaise regularly with HR to maintain H&S training records
- Develop and maintain a regular SHEQ communication strategy including toolbox talks and management briefings
- Preparation of audits
- Facilitate all forms of permits to work
- Assistance in retaining all current accreditations and work towards attainment of new accreditations
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvement on existing procedures
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in a similar role and have worked within the construction industry for ideally 5 years. You will hold a NEBOSH qualification as a minimum, an environmental qualification would be advantageous. You will be motivated, driven and have a methodical approach to your work. Time management skills and attention to detail is key.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent, full time vacancy offering a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.