Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor - Permanent - Manufacturing
Your new company
I currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional to join a market leading manufacturer who have been established in the UK for over 30 years. This organisation constantly strives for excellence and believe that their people are essential to their success. Operating in both the UK and in Europe this is a fantastic company to continue your career in Health and Safety with a forward thinking company.
Your new role
Reporting into the Factory Manager, the main purpose of your role is to be the "go to" for all Health & Safety for a single site whilst working with employees at all levels to promote a positive safety culture and drive continuous improvements. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Revise key safety procedures including COSHH, fire evacuation, accident investigation and control of contractors
- Attend safety meetings and provide regular updates to the senior management team demonstrating trends
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Record incidents and accidents and undertake root cause analysis
- Participate in planned audits and inspections
- Assist in the management and maintenance of records
- Drive a positive behavioural safety culture
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience within a similar role with an FMCG background and hold a NEBOSH qualification as a minimum. You will be able to demonstrate your passion for safety and be proactive, motivated and keen to drive improvements. You will have a hands on approach and be comfortable being on the floor and engaging with employees.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity where you will have the chance to shape the role as your own and make a positive contribution to the safety culture within the business. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Full time hours, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, discretionary bonus plus other internal benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.