Health Safety and Asbestos Advisor
Health, Safety and Asbestos Advisor
£30,000 + Company Vehicle and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading construction company, to recruit a Health Safety and Asbestos Advisor. This role will work alongside the existing Health and Safety department ensuring compliance on asbestos and other hazardous environmental issues. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to progress their career with a well-established leader in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Asbestos Advisor will include:
- Working closely with site teams to ensure the safe delivery of Asbestos policies and procedures
- Promoting, developing, and establishing a positive Health, Safety and Asbestos culture within the company, ensuring it can meet and go over and above its legal requirements
- Providing support and advice to stakeholders across the organisation and working closely with external contractors
- Work with the Asbestos Contracts Manager to undertake Competence Assessments and Training Needs Analysis
The Health, Safety and Asbestos Advisor will have:
- Proven experience with the management of asbestos within multi-site construction environments
- Experienced in Asbestos analysts, and site audits
- Experience engaging a range of stakeholders, from site level to management
- Ideally an asbestos surveying background and a BOHS P402 qualification. Or alternatively a candidate with an Asbestos Manager or Supervisor qualification
A formal Health and Safety qualification would be advantageous.
This is a unique opportunity to take a leadership role in a large, well known UK business. If this role is of interest, please contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.