Health and Safety Manager
Falcon Tower Crane Services Ltd are the largest tower crane supplier in the UK, hiring just under 430 tower cranes, 250 diesel generators and operate 25 HGV’s across the country.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join our busy HS&E Department. You will be creating and providing information and reports for our managers, supervisors, employees, customers and overseeing implementation of our policy and arrangements.
- The successful applicant would ideally have existing knowledge and experience of Health and Safety within the Construction Industry.
- Have NEBOSH Diploma or Certificate or NCRQ Diploma or Certificate in Applied Occupational Health and Safety
- ISO45001 Auditing experience
- Good computer literacy
- Good command of the English language
Personal Attributes: Excellent communication skills, industrious, inquisitive and pro-active. Must be willing to work long hours to meet the challenges of a continually expanding business. Physically robust and fit for critical working at height tasks.
The position will be based in Shipdham, Norfolk, however you will be required to travel to our customers construction sites across the UK and you may be required to stay away from home on occasions.
Primary Responsibilities / Skills
- Your main role is to assist and work with others to prevent accidents, injuries, and work-related ill-health. You will oversee implementation and development of the company policy and arrangements made under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974;
- Investigate and report on significant incidents and accident. This will include identification of root causes and actions recommended to prevent a recurrence;
- Ensuring that any changes to procedures or policies or topical industry safety alerts are understood and communicated throughout the business;
- Promote good leadership and effective management by others based on the plan, do, check and act philosophy;
- Work with others to carry out risk assessments in line with current HSE guidelines. The assessments will highlight the significant hazards and the control measures required to secure compliance and safety
- Review risk assessments periodically to check that they remain current and relevant;
- Conduct frequent inspections of company premises and at external construction sites where our employees are working, particularly where tower crane installations are being undertaken;
- Work with others to maintain our Integrated Management System compliant with ISO9001, 14001, 50001;
- Attend regular HS&E Meetings at board level to report on matters of current concern and discuss any other H&S matters;
- Communicate recommendations across the business and seek to continually improve standards from moral, legal and financial perspectives;
- Maintain a sound procedure for reporting injuries, dangerous occurrences and cases of ill-health in line with RIDDOR. Communicate the correct reporting procedure across the business and check that employees know how to properly report injuries etc.;
- Respond to any complaints and concerns raised by employees on matters of health and safety. Investigate staff health and safety concerns and work with managers to ensure all necessary precautions are being taken;
- Prepare and review emergency and first aid procedures; and Lead by example and always behave so as to instil a positive health and safety culture throughout the company.
Salary - £45,000 to £60,000 depending on experience
Falcon are based in Shipdham, Norfolk, IP25 7SD. You will be issued with a
Company Vehicle. Hours of work at 08.00am - 18.00pm, with 1⁄2 hour lunch break.