Regional Health & Safety Advisor - Southampton
Health, Safety & Environment Advisor (Civil Engineering)
Portsmouth (With site travel) | £45,000 + Car
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high profile civil engineer to recruit a Health, Safety & Environment Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of a major, long term utility contract. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will include:
- Visiting sites and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires.
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance.
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health, Safety & Environment Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or utilities and streetworks
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and ideally Tech IOSH status
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
Street works card / NRSWA would be a distinct advantage.
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Evans Salvo on or 01923 432 628
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.