Senior Health and Safety Consultant
Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Scotland (Home based) with travel to client sites
Base Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 plus £5,500 car allowance and excellent benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's leading consulting companies to recruit a Senior Health & Safety Consultant. The role will join the leadership team and have particular focus on leading the businesses activities across engineering, energy and wind power clients.
The consultancy work with a range of clients from multi-national engineering, construction and technology leaders, through to public sector and healthcare companies. The services provided range from full health and safety strategy, to designing and implementing audit programs through to accident and incident investigations.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health & Safety Consultant will include:
- Working with engineering, industrial and wind power clients, leading on project delivery, accurately assessing health and safety risks and strategy, and working with clients to deliver solutions
- Assessing the needs of prospective industrial and engineering clients and developing proposals and agreements for new work
- Maintaining and continually developing strong relationships with clients to truly understand their requirements and be in a position to create innovative solutions
- Leading and motivating other experienced Health and Safety Consultants, helping to train, develop and improve performance
- Creating a collaborative culture internally, sharing best practice and ideas, seeking opportunities for improvement and innovation
The Senior Health & Safety Consultant will have:
- Extensive health and safety experience, ideally from engineering, energy, wind power or related industries
- Degree or diploma (or equivalent) in health and safety and Chartered status with a relevant membership body (i.e CMIOSH)
- Proven communications skills with experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety and a good knowledge of enforcement practice and legislation
- A commitment to high professional, quality and ethical standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established consultancy in a senior position and play an important role in the growth and direction of the business. For more details and to apply contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Senior Health and Safety Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly