Salary: paying up to 30K DOE, Toyota CH-R Hybrid and Fuel card & Health Care
This job description sets out the key responsibilities and duties for the role of QHSE Advisor. The duties and responsibilities are meant to provide guidance as to the nature and scope of the role. They are however not meant to be prescriptive. Additional extra or supplemental duties may be required to facilitate the needs of the business or assist during busy periods. This job description will be reviewed on an annual basis to establish whether the nature of the role has changed and the extent of that change (if any).
As a QHSE Advisor you will provide consultancy, help and support with the company's QHSE's systems and also assist with the maintenance of the company's QHSE policies, procedures and processes. You will assist with conducting QHSE audits as and when required by the business.
You will assist the existing QHSE Director and QHSE Assistant in the performance of their duties and the smooth running of the HSE Department. Other HSE consultancy duties are required for the smooth running of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Fully understand company and the customer's QHSE program, including accident and near miss reporting and safety audits. Carry out the required safety audits.
- Work with maintain and update Health & Safety Systems
- Help to ensure correct QHSE procedures are communicated and followed to ensure quality service and standards throughout the business.
- Assist with the investigation and analysis into H&S issues.
- Assist and liaise with the control of contractors and third parties.
- Help to plan and conduct audits of the QHSE Management Systems and maintain the Audit database with the assistance of the QHSE Director.
- Proactively assist and contribute towards the Health & Safety Systems and initiatives in the business.
- Conduct HSE audits as required and conduct audit functions.
- QHSE consultancy work with key clients.
Personal Skills, Qualities & Attributes
- NEBOSH – General Certificate
- IOSH managing safety (working towards or a willingness to achieve)
- A positive, friendly and engaging manner
- Must have excellent PC skills. IT literate
- Excellent Communication, both written and oral
- Effective People Management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines in a demanding and changing environment
- Attention to detail; Ability to analyse situations and make independent judgements.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to assist with internal audits and mentoring auditors