Health, Safety & Fire Advisor
About the role:
The role is to support the provision of a competent and comprehensive health, safety and fire (HS&F) service to the housing arm of Anchor Hanover.
Working within a regional team of HS&F Advisors, the role will conduct and review fire risk assessments, conduct safety audits and training in order to support operational teams achieve excellent levels of compliance. Together with these core functions, the role will provide general HS&F advice and support to operational teams helping to ensure a safe environment for colleagues, customers and visitors etc.
- Application of health and safety management within a similar environment.
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate).
- A recognised qualification and experience in completing Fire Risk Assessments.
- Experience of working within strict deadlines and to specified performance measures.
- Experience of working within a multi-site discipline
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously.
- Experience of delivering health and safety training.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Willingness to travel within the designated region and further afield where necessary
- Evidence of Continuing professional development.
- A full drivers licence
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers